Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ranking the coaching jobs in Ivy
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
04-14-16 02:38 PM - Post#206144    
    In response to hoopla

OK, I'll bite. It's not that hard since this is all opinion--which is a primary draw of message boards (facts be damned).

I think the best Ivy Coaching Jobs are in this order:

Penn-facilities are the best in the Ivy, tradition is the best in the Ivy, city location. If the administration commits to it like Harvard they could dominate

Harvard-Administrative advantage (resources), great location, best brand

Yale- closest to H in brand, although NH is not a great town, it's proximal to NYC, enough resources to succeed it seems

Princeton- I wish they were last but they aren't. I have no idea why anyone would ever consider going there.

Columbia-Great location, facilities aren't as good but the draw of NYC and the aura makes it a draw. Recent administration commitment gives them a better chance. Gym is awful IMO

Brown-of the lower three this is the best in my view primarily because it has the most reasonable location .

Cornell-Facilities and campus are nice but it is remote. How Donahue won there is still mind boggling at some level.

Dartmouth- Toughest job in the Ivy in my view. That said it's better than toughest job in the MAC or Big South, etc. I think you have to have extra resources to find the right kind of kid that will come there.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.687 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:31 PM