Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Preseason Projections - Initial Cut
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
09-21-16 03:12 PM - Post#210666    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

I provided most of my empirical work and accompanying thoughts on episode 2 of this season's podcast, but I can summarize here:

In the current Ivy landscape, the difference between the objective odds of winning the NCAA bid via the 14-Game Tournament or via the conference tournament is minimal. Back when there was one really good team and a bunch of awful teams, there was a BIG risk in having the conference tournament. Not anymore, though. We have 2-3 teams (sometimes more) every year that are good enough to play competitively with NCAA-caliber, big conference programs. I mean, last year's four-seed would have been Harvard, which beat bubble team BYU and played Kansas and Oklahoma extremely tight.

As the league continues to strengthen, we could potentially have a team left out of the four-team tourney that could have avoided the 16-line in the NCAAs.

I'd be more jazzed about this whole thing if we could have gotten more MTEs and not given up a non-conf game, etc, but if there was ever a time to go this route, the time is now...
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:30 AM