Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Preseason Projections - Initial Cut
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
09-22-16 04:39 PM - Post#210748    
    In response to Old Bear

For one thing, Massey played 13 of the 14 conference games, so Brown lost two contributors. Overall, Cornell, Penn, and Princeton all lost nowhere close to what Brown lost from last year. Penn is the only other one of those three to lose a significant contributor. And Princeton not only doesn't lose anybody -- they gain back a 3 year starter.

While I disagree on your facts, I don't necessarily disagree with the conclusion. While Brown looks like the most likely 8th place team to me, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them finish as high as 5th. If they get in the playoff as the 4th team, I'll be a little surprised, but only a little. Spieth and Blackmon have a lot of experience under their belts at this point that could pay dividends. Brown wasn't that far behind Penn, Dartmouth, and Cornell last year (if at all), so a different outcome this time seems perfectly plausible.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.3 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:27 AM