Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Gabriele Stefanini commit
Dr. V 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
10-14-16 02:16 PM - Post#211530    
    In response to Chet Forte

It's hard to argue with Mr. James' stats. And it's pretty obvious that a stationary 2 point shooter, unless he shoots an extraordinary %, can't compete re productivity with a reasonably decent 3 point shooter.

That said, I wonder to what extent, if any, a solid pull up jump shooter might help disrupt a defense, i.e., although he may not individually be able to compensate for the value of 3s with his 2s, might it not be the case that a jump shooter who likes to drive and then pull up might disrupt the D and open up better opportunities for his teammates whether for layups or 3s. Just wondering.

Re Stefanini's D, I watched him in a number of scrimmages, both at our summer camp against other players his age and then against our guys who were working the camp, and he seemed to play pretty good D. He seemed to stay with players he was guarding and he seemed to have very good hands that were able to dart in and create steals or at least TOs.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.008 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:26 AM