Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Mason Out for 2016-2017 Season
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
11-09-16 02:28 PM - Post#212776    
    In response to rbg

I'll ask my standard question on this -- does Yale make you leave school in order to preserve eligibility, or can you take five years to graduate? In other words, does Mason have to leave school in order to have two more years at Yale?

I understand that there are financial incentives to leaving school, and there are also reasons to stay in school, graduate on time, and save that fifth year for grad school (like Grant Mullins did). However, there are some Ivy schools where you MUST leave school in order to preserve the 4th year of eligibility (Princeton definitely has the rule). At other schools, my understanding is that the 4 in 5 rule allows you to stay in school if you like, take 5 years to graduate, and use your injury year as a 5th year senior.

Can't think of 5th year guys at Yale off the top, other than Dominick Martin, who was in school for 5 years, but transferred to Yale from Princeton and had to sit out a year.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.294 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:53 AM