Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Longwood
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
11-29-16 12:26 PM - Post#214321    
    In response to Go Green

On paper, preseason, we shouldn't have been this bad. We're not really good and it's hard to see any major changes on the horizon. I don't see many W's on the schedule with the way things are panning out.

The data mrjames has provided is stark. IMO The Big Green needs find a zone offense they can execute and use that and it's fouls aka be more aggressive defensively. That means either playing the existing rotation with more fouls or going deeper into the bench to access fouls. Right now they play like they are afraid of coming out of the game.

I've like what I've seen from the three McD's nominee freshman so far however brief they've been on the floor in the case of Carter and Barry. Sistare has been solid and doesn't turn the ball over too much and has a solid handle and can seemingly handle pressure. If we're going to lose consistently, it might make sense to spread some developmental minutes down the bench. We're playing a lot of upperclassmen who hadn't played much in the previous years so they're acclimating to playing substantial minutes like the underclassmen. Outside of the returning big minute players everyone is really green.
"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.134 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:11 AM