Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Longwood
hoopla 
Masters Student

Reg: 08-28-12
11-30-16 12:00 PM - Post#214413    
    In response to SomeGuy

I got fired up about this move last spring. I believe Paul was as close to a guarantee of steady, incremental progress as you can get. Then with the grand piano nearing the top of the staircase we switched out the guy carrying the load. On to the next topic.

At this point, I am hoping to avoid returning to the bottom of the abyss, which is also to say avoid fulfilling the latest projections shared by GBGB. We shouldn't be where we are and it hurts to see that our baseline has fallen so quickly. We have plummeted in Kenpom.

But it is still very early, and we will get better. We need to start playing better D and smarter, more intentional O (make life easier for Boudreaux who has to work overtime for every ounce of what he gets). Coach Mac's future is bright, and we have the pieces to be quite good, but there are a lot of young guys still learning a new system. Coach needs and deserves the time and space to operate and put it together.

Meanwhile, how about Wes Dickinson for interior D and rebounding? Do we really need scoring from that spot?

A win vs ODU seems less unlikely at this point, but it is possible and would be a great boost in confidence and outlook! Let's go, Men!

Edited by hoopla on 11-30-16 12:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.318 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:34 PM