Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Keeping Tabs
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
12-02-16 03:19 PM - Post#214679    
    In response to SomeDartmouthStudent

• SomeDartmouthStudent Said:
It's a good analysis and I think you are pretty spot on (although I cant quite see the light at the end of the tunnel yet.)

Ideally, the way we are going to win games is if someone other than Boudreaux actually shows up to play a game. Given what we've seen so far this year (and last) the candidates for that are Wright, G.Smith, Taylor, and maybe Sistare. I haven't seen enough of any of the freshman to know who else might be able to score.

Breaking it down by these options leave a lot to be desired.

-Wright vanishes for large swaths of games and often looks disinterested in playing defense despite having all the physical tools to be a lockdown player.

-Gillian has the ability to score, but that seems to be about it. He puts his head-down and is predictable every possession. While I think we do need someone slashing to the basket, you cant do that and not have any court vision.

-Taylor seems to have regressed from last year and doesn't look to be 100%. He certainly isnt a PG and has struggled playing as such. Shown by the 0.8 A/T ratio. (Assists in general are something that remain shockingly absent)

-Sistare doens't have a ton of game tape but I think if he can get in control he con provide a lot. While he has been getting beaten a lot on defense and often bulls himself into the lane, he appears to be a decent passer. I think he will continue to improve as the season goes on, but I cant imagine him become a major scoring threat.

That leaves the rest of the roster- which I honestly havent seen enough to have an opinion. I would think Ike and Wes have potential as defensive stoppers but that hasnt been apparent in any of our games thus far.

The overall point of this longwinded post is that if we are to win this season, a second scoring option NEEDS to develop and in order for that to occur someone is going to need to drastically change up their game.

If you want points here's a line up based on a per 40 & Per 100 Possessions with more than 10 mins played (it eliminates Barry who only 6 mins)...

1. Boudreaux....21.2 & 30.4 (40 & 100)
2. Carter.......17.6 & 25.2 (40 & 100)
3. G. Smith.....17.1 & 24.5 (40 & 100)
4. Taylor.......12.0 & 17.2 (40 & 100)
5. Wright.......10.7 & 15.3 (40 & 100)

But I'm swapping out Taylor for Sistare, Fleming, Cameron, or Barry. Taylor's T/O are just too costly. On a per 40 his 12 Points are negated by his 6 turnovers if they are converted to made baskets.

2016-17 Dartmouth Big Green Roster and Stats

"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:15 AM