Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: HARTFORD
flinder 
Freshman

Reg: 11-16-16
12-14-16 11:10 PM - Post#215931    
    In response to SRP

I don't know if this helps, but I think Cormier has a complicated history with the program. Alumni from his first stint seem to feel much more warmly towards Faucher. I don't know if PC changed his approach with his second term, but I do know that, when McLaughlin was hired, several alumni met with him to talk about establishing a network of basketball alumni to help members of the current team find opportunities upon graduation. That didn't exist, and it doesn't seem like the sort of thing Cormier would have enjoyed cultivating; he doesn't strike me as a schmoozer.

Much as the direction of the team this year is depressing and a waste of Boudreaux, I think it's likely unwise to fire McLaughlin after one season. The message it sends to players (and potential replacement coaches) about instability in the program would outweigh the benefits of firing a rookie coach because of one terrible season. (That said, I live in the Boston area and have bought tickets to see the Harvard game each of the past 3-4 years, but I can't stomach it this year.) You can't attract a smart, talented coach to Dartmouth the same way you can get them to Harvard, Princeton, or Penn. Sheehy has to find the diamond in the rough; so far this year, we're still looking.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:30 AM