Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: I think this must be a sign
Scott 
Sophomore

Reg: 07-25-06
07-27-06 02:53 AM - Post#21594    
    In response to Lou

First I want to say that I am enjoying posting on the Loyola site for the first time in a long while.

Lou, I don't think we will know if I am overrating the CAA effect on Towson until the next two recruiting classes. It is hard to say how all of the CAA programs will benefit, if at all from not only Mason's run but also the Hofstra and ODU runs in the NIT along with UNCW's superb 25 minutes vs GW in the NCAA's. There really is no prescident for this. I had always considered the CAA and MAAC to be equals but the quality of play really is a step or two above in the CAA.

A big advantage Towson has over Loyola if they start to draw some local fan interest is that Towson is much easier to get to and find parking. I know some have mentioned that the astroturf field is used for parking...how has that worked? If people still need to drive up and down Cold Spring, Millbrook for parking that has to be a real disincentive to attending a Loyola game.

The other big hurdle for Loyola to clear is the two semesters of Intermediate Foreign Language requirement. Not only does this hurt recruiting but it may very well cause academic problems once the student enroll.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.952 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:22 PM