Username Post: I think this must be a sign
Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
Loc: Atlanta
Reg: 07-19-06
07-27-06 04:33 PM - Post#21598    
    In response to Scott

Without doubt it is easier for Towson than it is for Northeastern or Ga. State, but we are still talking 10 hour bus trips in either direction. At least with the MAAC Loyola can pair games (Canisius/Niagara, Siena/Marist, etc.) I realize that it is set up so that every team doesn't have to go both directions every year, but it seemingly is going to be a 2.5 to 3-day trip to Boston every time you have to play there. Easy for hoops, really tough for field hockey, track, tennis, etc. I do wonder if 10 years from now Towson will look back at the expense and wonder, at least privately, if it was worth it. Of course if they keep getting teams to the final four or multiple bids the conference revenue sharing is going to help.

I would hate for Loyola to start a football program. It is not worth it to put the Mount Union-like multiple decade unbeaten streak at risk!
Jesus loves me.
I don't give a f--- what the rest of you think.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:55 AM