Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell Game #1
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
01-29-17 02:16 PM - Post#219811    
    In response to hoopla

Sheehy's hiring record is pretty poor so far. Men's lacrosse last year 1-13, Women's basketball last year 12-18, this year 6-11, Men's basketball this year 3-14. At some point trustees and alumni are going to ask Sheehy "you hired these people, why aren't we winning?". There are many other coaches that he's hired. According to a friend in the athletic department, many top assistant coaches applied for the Dartmouth Men's head coaching job including Mike Schrage from Stanford. When googling him, he worked for not only Johnny Dawkins (Duke standout and Coach K protégé), but also worked for Bobby Knight and Coach K. Apparently he really wanted the job and my contact said he put together a 2 inch thick binder of his game plan for his first year if hired and his schedule for year 1. To the hour! Schrage didn't make the final 5 cut! Billy Taylor, asst coach Iowa and former Ball State head coach (6 years) also very much wanted the job. no dice. Brian Earl (Princeton asst and current Cornell Head coach) was a finalist. He has turned the Cornell program around obviously. Why didn't they receive serious consideration you ask? Peter Roby (Dartmouth 79') is the AD at Northeastern and apparently pushed/convinced Sheehy to hire McLaughlin. New England AD, New England basketball, good ol' boy network. Do things for friends, not the right reasons for the school ,but make it look good and justifiable. My contact said the decision was pretty much made before the final cut interviews were done. So Sheehy is now on the hot seat as his coaching selections better start performing, and soon! Oh and PS, for all you pro-Cormier supporters (both of you :-)), getting rid of Cormier was the right answer for the program. In talking to players over the last several years, I could not find one that would say anything positive about him. I'm told that he was hanging around for the last few years trying to get his kids paying basketball jobs. To the outside world he may have appeared to be an ok coach (though his career record is simply awful), but internally, his tenure was a disaster. Mclaughlin is a MAJOR improvement over Cormier, even though our 3-14 start is terrible...
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.198 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:50 AM