Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell Game #1
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
01-29-17 05:27 PM - Post#219830    
    In response to hoopla

Thats cool. First, I never said I played at Dartmouth. Second, this is a forum board for opinions. The only time I said I could do something better is in defeating a 1-3-1 zone. Hartford and Columbia both killed us with it, both teams weren't that good at it, and we never set picks at the top of the key or the elbow to allow dribble penetrations and subsequent dishes as the zone collapses on the guy that penetrates. So I blame the coaches and their game planning and the players for their lack of zone breaking execution. I assume that opinion holds some water to people who have playing or coaching (and even observing) experience. I kinda thought my opinions were rather specific and focused, but we can agree to disagree. Would love to hear where specifically it is you think I erred. My coaching record was 63% wins over 3 years (no Coach K here) until I got tired of telling unrealistic parents that their kids weren't good enough to play/make the team when they thought their kid was going to the NBA, the school politics, and the fact that I was poor and not making enough money to raise a family on. Grad school and a focus on business changed that. So if the board consensus is that I shouldn't be honest about what i see and think, and that realistic commentary/opinion is discouraged, and that cheer leading for one's Alma Mater is priority one, I can fade off into the sunset. No big deal. My guess is that if people aren't encouraged to call things as they see them (even when it may hurt people's feelings), then I believe that lack of dialogue encourages the status quo and you can expect more of the same on the court for many years to come. Just one man's opinion, nothing more.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.25 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:47 AM