Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell Game #1
SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

Reg: 11-30-16
01-30-17 12:03 PM - Post#219894    
    In response to Go Green

A lot to unpack here.

I'd say first- its pretty reasonable to be honest/harsh in the assessment of the season so far. Generally, this has been an unmitigated disaster and a lot of the blame falls on the coaching staff. IMO the players have also sucked pretty bad.

I think the temperament of the boards comes down to higher expectations for this season- and the idea that we are squandering the potential of a core that we might not see for some time. Boudreaux is on track to be one of the better players in Dartmouth history (if he stays) and we arent doing anything to capitalize on his talent. In that same sense, we are so bad that I've heard the transfer rumors (both above, and elsewhere). I doubt the veracity of these claims- but if he transferred it wouldnt shock me. We suck without much of a roadmap forward. Miles, another piece of this core, is athletic and has potential, but its junior year now and we are still waiting. The crazy inconsistency cant happen as an upperclassmen.

There isn't some miracle cure on the horizon, but I do believe that it starts with playing the youth and building that core around Boudreaux. If the poor (and arguable selfish) play of some guys continue you have to send a message and put them on the bench.

I'd like to eat my words at the end of this season. Lets hope the program gives me reason to.

Edited by SomeDartmouthStudent on 01-30-17 12:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.167 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:40 AM