Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell Game #1
Corms 
Freshman

Reg: 10-17-16
01-31-17 06:45 PM - Post#220018    
    In response to hoops123

I believe my dad is a good coach, otherwise he wouldn't have survived so long and made an entire livelihood from the game in college and the pros. More importantly, my dad is a good man. I've seen him act in ways that have made me wince. I thought he yelled too much and I hated watching him get T's, which happened more when he was younger. My dad was strict with us kids and his players and there was a lot of tough love. He was hard to be around at times, stubborn, etc. but also the center of gravity. As adults my bros and I all look back with appreciation at my dad's approach and I think this is true with a lot of his former players as more time passes.

My dad has strengths and weaknesses, friends and folks who can't stand him. Some unfairly so and some due to his own mistakes I am sure. one thing for sure is that he loves Dartmouth, loves coaching, and loves competition. he iremains close with a number of players and coaches and all of us in the Cormier family have been positively impacted by his relationships and career. Especially Dave Faucher and the Faucher family, Rollie Massimino (his mentor), Pete Guillen, Jim Calhoun, and all of his assistants over the years.

I remember telling my dad when I was very young about people seated behind me screaming that he should be fired in his first year at Fairfield.

Coaching is a tough profession for coaches and their families, so I hope everyone will be patient with Dave. He has a beautiful family. He is a good man and knows basketball. I know this because I played against his college coach! he has a different system and philosophy, and it doesn't matter how good the team is it takes time. Dartmouth is a family and he and his family are now a part of the Big Green family!

I'm probably signing off for good, but just felt a need to weigh in on all the conversation about my dad. Yes, thanks for those who had kind words about my dad, but time to move on and get behind the new coaching staff!

Best to all!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.017 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:53 AM