Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Choke
Bears03 
Freshman

Reg: 02-23-12
01-31-17 07:00 PM - Post#220019    
    In response to Bruno

Two tough losses, but lets look ahead to this weekend.

I would be really surprised if we don't open with a W on Friday up north. Saturday will be a challenge against a hot Columbia team in their basement but from what I've seen so far this year they're no better than Yale and we all know that could have been different results.

I went to the Harvard Columbia game and these were my main takeaways in no particular order:
- Columbia played zone D the entire game, switching between a 2/3 and an extended 1/3/1, even when Corey Johnson was lighting them up from beyond the arc. Hopefully Hobbie can take advantage, and with some god ball movement get Spieth some easy jumpers in the paint
- They play deep into their bench with 10 guys getting meaningful minutes so they're active on D. Petrasek had 2-3 steals just from extending his PF spot on the zone and tipping passes from top of the key to the wing. Tavon should be able to dribble penetrate and set up some open looks.
- This Columbia team has some really good young talent. Adlesh (#10) can shoot, and Meisner (#11) is a strong PF and versitile 3/4 player.
- They run a bunch of Princeton backdoor cuts, and Harvard got beat at least 3 or 4 times for layups.
- I wasn't overly impressed with their rotation of big guys. Coby wasn't much of a factor in set offense but he hits the boards, draws fouls, and is a good FT shooter. Petrasek is more of a lanky 4, and Voss isn't getting much time. If we box out well we should limit their inside damage and allow us to key on the perimeter guys.

Columbia was fortunate to come out with this win. They jumped out to a huge 20pt lead in the first half and then let it bleed away down to 2 with a couple minutes left in the game as Harvard picked apart their zone.

On the other side of the ball, Harvard played man D the entire time, Johnson is a heck of a shooter, and Towns is very strong down low especially for a freshman. Paired with seniors Zena and Chambers they will contend but obviously aren't invincible.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.264 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:36 AM