Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Gentlemen's C's
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
02-01-17 07:49 PM - Post#220091    
    In response to mrjames

Mike, I understand your analysis. As you know, I'm not an analytics guy, although I do my best to follow them. My point is that Penn has only one real big. If you bring it at him it is possible he'll get in foul trouble. Once he does, Penn is deprived of its leading scorer and rebounder. Harvard is much deeper. If I were Penn, I'd hope that Harvard is willing to swap 3's.

Harvard's advantage over Penn is that its guards are quicker and its forwards are stronger - and not all named Brodeur. Why give that up and leave the game to chance? Harvard shoots 35.9% on threes and Penn shoots 33%. Does Harvard want to rely on the fact that it shoots 3's 10% better than Penn. If Siyani, Seth or Bryce shoot like they did against Columbia then the advantage is gone. Why not exploit inside play and depth? Why not push for transition baskets when your guards are quicker and you'd be making Brodeur run the court and get worn down.

I know I'm old school, but taking it to the basket is where this Harvard team outclasses Penn.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.455 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:31 AM