Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn Game #1
hoops123 
Freshman

Reg: 12-14-16
02-07-17 12:36 PM - Post#220792    
    In response to SomeGuy

As someone who has watched Fleming since his freshman year (played in 18 games, not much to write about except his former career high of 9 points against D2 Lyndon State.....), not on team sophomore year (that's another long story), played some his junior year (played 12.2 mins per game, averaged 1.9PPG, 14 assts in 22 games with 19 t/o's), then starting this year. I can tell you that his defense is poor (he gets beaten off the dribble by average PG's. When they're good PG's, our bigs are always playing clean up on dribble penetrations. His fouls are almost always holding his man as they run by him. NEVER boxes his man out.), his decision making is fair, and he is a only a fair shooter(3.6 ppg overall, 3.2 ppg in conference). He is a good FT shooter. He does have a low turnover rate. All things considered, Fleming is a higher risk play than Barry across the board in my opinion. Barry plays better defense (subjective. again, my opinion), he has the second highest 3pt shooting % (45.9% overall, 50% in conference)in the Ivy League (Fleming 32.4% overall and 27.3% in conference, not even in the top 50 in either category), assists per 40 are a tossup, and FT % slightly in Flemings favor, turnovers per 40 a tossup. I'll add Barry's extra 3+ points per game too.
Given that we SHOULD BE playing for our future (especially given our record), and since playing Barry over Fleming is at worst a toss up (its not,but for the sake of discussion...), at best Barry will score and contribute more and is our future point guard. I'll end with Bio/Stat comparisons from HS. If you had to pick based on these bios, who would you pick?:

From Barry's HS bio:"Set career scoring record at Rumson-Fair Haven with 1,812 points as a four-year letterwinner and two-year captain for Coach Chris Champeau ... also produced 431 assists, 306 rebounds, 277 three-pointers and 258 steals, and as a senior earned first-team all-state honors from USA Today while averaging 25.7 points, 4.3 assists and 2.1 steals per game ... 2016 Gatorade Player of the Year Nominee and McDonald’s All-America Nominee ."

Barry=STUD

From Fleming's HS Bio: "Four-time letterman and senior captain for coach Pat Ambrose at Stevenson before going on to a post-grad year at Northfield Mount Hermon for coach John Carroll ... three-time all-conference selection and two-time all-area ... earned honorable mention all-state recognition as a senior as well while averaging 16.8 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game ... helped Stevenson to a regional championship in his sophomore season ... went on to help NMH win the school’s first National Prep Championship with a 29-5 record ... averaged 5.8 points and 3.3 assists for the Hoggers and was All-NEPSAC honorable mention"

Fleming=Honorable Mention

I choose Barry. I think Mclaughlin should start Barry. He's our future.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.227 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:21 AM