Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yikes
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
02-16-17 01:57 PM - Post#222028    
    In response to IvyHoopsFan01

• IvyHoopsFan01 Said:
Thus, Dartmouth effectively only has to compete with Harvard and Brown for an Ivy title in this sport. This is the reason rugby is not included on the Ivy League Sports website that tracks Ivy championships by sport.

The same argument could pretty much be said for the domination of women's athletics that Dartmouth enjoyed in the early days of Ivy competition. As I said, we took women's sports seriously early on. The only school that did likewise (from what I've been told) was Harvard.

It could very well be that 20 years from now, all 8 Ivy teams are pouring resources into women's rugby programs the way Dartmouth (and H and B) are today. We will see.

And we certainly shouldn't have to apologize that we're one of the few that take women's rugby seriously. It's a great game and I like watching it a heck of a lot more than some of the pther Ivy sports.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.716 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:42 AM