Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
02-18-17 05:22 AM - Post#222254    
    In response to Charlie Fog

I've mentioned that there has been quite a few games since the last I've seen. My observations:

- Goodman and Betley really change the profile of the team in terms of ball handling and shooting. Goodman has freakishly long and fast steps for a 6' guard. He can get to the hoop. I agree with the points that he doesn't seem to always know what to do with the ball - would like to see him keep the handle and not get into the air as much. He could become our first strong ball possession guard for a while. Betley brings a good combination of rebounding, shooting, length, and self-control.

- Even though JD lit up the stats, most of it was in garbage time. I saw him make plenty of turnovers, get burned on D, and take and miss a lot of 3's. I liked the look of Silpe more, but perhaps Silpe will need to have JD's alleged shooting ability to move up in the order.

- Rothschild looked great out there. He has gotten much stronger and was incredibly active out there. He looks like Brodeur has rubbed off on him. It's nice to have two big men who are always moving and jostling for position - and are always boxing out.

- Ivy basketball is so much better than in the Schneider and Dunphy years. I was surprised at the pace of ball movement. I don't think the bottom half Ivy teams in the in the 90's had personnel athletic enough to move the ball and penetrate like these teams were doing.

- I can see why our lineups with Foreman and Donahue as our primary ball handlers were more stagnant. Foreman doesn't move the ball around as quickly as Goodman, and Donahue isn't really a direct threat with the ball in his hands. It slows down AJ and Howard when the ball isn't moving.

- AJ doesn't get much time to do his one-on-one moves or even make his backdoor passes. The Ivy teams will collapse on him quickly.

Great win!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.151 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:02 AM