Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell Game #2
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
02-18-17 10:58 AM - Post#222271    
    In response to Cooper

I agree with hoops123 in that Coach McLaughlin gives an incredible amount of latitude to certain players. IMO Boudreaux is about the only player that minutes should be untouchable. He's the only one who's earned superstar treatment.

We have guy's who are streaky shooters, take and miss tons of 3s, guys who's footwork is terrible and travel, guys who routinely turn over the ball, guys who play "olé defense" and the list goes on. These guy's leashes are to long. Conversely we have Guy's who make one mistake and their yanked tour the bench and guys who never get in to make a mistake.

Look Barry should be starting the numbers say it, his play on the court says it. That's senior bias, not meritocracy. We've played enough games that Cameron should have seen more PT in. Carter and Emory should have seen more developmental PT. Ngwudo who has started info the past only produces a fraction more points than either of the freshman, but his PT is 2 and 3X as much. And it's not the defense provided because a deep dive into the analytics reveals that the freshman forwards, when on the floor give up fewer points per possession. Same views for when Barry is on the floor.

I don't think McLaughlin is a bad guy or terrible coach, but there's a lot of moves we make that a rationale analysis can't answer. This would be alright IMO if it produced wins. We've only had one dominant win vs LIU. I agree that it appears we pull kids who get it going. I don't know why we ice our own guys. Why help spent so much time trying to make Johnson a PG is insane, when Cameron sits the bench all year, while we're good for a charge a game from either our both Smith and Sistare guaranteed.

Hey maybe those were the best moves we could have made given our roster. I personally don't think so, but then again I'm not a coach I'm just a tortured fan. We are what our record says we are, and it says we are one of the worst teams in college basketball.

"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.203 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:50 AM