Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy Title/Tourney Odds
penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
02-21-17 07:06 PM - Post#222923    
    In response to TigerFan

I must say that I chuckle when continuing to read the objections of Tiger fans to the Palestra.

Based on this logic, Big Five games at the Palestra would never have materialized. As many have noted, when you have motivated fan bases the "home court" factor at the Palestra is greatly minimized.

• TigerFan Said:
  • Quote:
Is it fair when Syracuse was in the Big East final and the entire MSG was covered in Orange and Blue?

The Ivy League is not the Big East, or the Acc or the A-10, or certainly the NFL. For at least the short term, it is a one-bid league, which makes this tournament now do-or-die. For conferences with multiple participants in the NCAA virtually guaranteed, these tournaments are a spectacle without the urgency that will accompany the IL tournament. Holding it at the tired old, smelly barn in west Philly just because its old and storied just doesn't cut it. If it went to 3 teams, with top seed getting a bye, I MIGHT feel differently because #1 would get a major benefit from winning the 14-game tournament, even it ended up playing Penn in the final.

(Ok I admit that I am a big fan of the Palestra, have dragged my wife and kids there to experience it and have cherished memories going there as a child to wathc P-P in double headers with LaSalle/Temple/St. Joes. But it just isn't right for this purpose)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.48 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:41 AM