Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Boudreaux Player Of The Week
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-21-17 09:33 PM - Post#222953    
    In response to hoops123

I don't think the Ivy POY has come from a bottom 4 or even sub .500 team since 1981. Pretty sure the Barnett Dartmouth team went .500 and finished 4th.

So there isn't any recent precedent that I see. Personally, I think the stats tend to lie in regard to players on weak teams. Boudreaux gets the numbers because nobody else is there to do it. That shouldn't be a disadvantage, but it also shouldn't be an advantage that he gets to score all Dartmouth's points while Princeton and Yale's guys are sharing the burden equally.

While I'm always skeptical of stats on bad teams, and I generally lean toward voting for a player on a winning team, I do think it is theoretically possible for the best player to be on a bad team. So I would never say never. If ever there was a year for it to happen, it is probably this year, as no upper class men really stick out statistically on the top teams. Nonetheless, I'd pick Weisz, I'd pick Cook if it isn't Weisz, and I think the coaches will go with Spieth if they go with a lower division statistical beast. While the counting stats are still king, the fact that Boudreaux hasn't had a particularly good year in terms of efficiency hurts, too.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.705 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:19 PM