Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Columbia
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
02-24-17 10:06 PM - Post#223434    
    In response to mmp629

Wow, that was fun. Great defensive effort on every single possession, with only a few mental mistakes that were greatly outweighed by above-average plays.

Cannady explodes again offensively, Miller looking very good on both ends (and hitting FTs), Cook seeming to grab rebounds at will, Stephens dominating when necessary, Bell outplaying any Columbia player in his vicinity, Weisz with lots of sharp passes (although too many unrewarded in the first half and slightly demerited by some careless ones in the second half), the bench up and cheering for every good play.

The only grain of sand in my shoe was some unfavorable officiating in the first half, where Tigers got mugged without receiving the call and where Lion dribblers blatantly pushed off with their off hands without getting called. (By the second half the calls seemed more even, plus Princeton just pulled away and made it a moot point.)

I have to say that I love the slower, grinding style we've been seeing from the game at the Palestra on, as much fun as all the transition buckets were early in the season. It seems to work better with the shorter rotation and the man-to-man defense finally looks like what I was visualizing for the last couple of years.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.643 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:59 PM