Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: YALE GAME #2
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
02-26-17 06:54 PM - Post#223798    
    In response to hoops123

• hoops123 Said:
All fine and all, but Barry has to get stronger and tougher and play defense or he won't be on the court much. He's too much of a defensive liability and turnover liability to be a starter, though I contradict myself in that Fleming started and played ZERO defense......

I looked at Barry's defensive stats. With him on the floor the Green allow fewer points per possession than almost any other person on the floor. Yeah he could be stronger and bigger, but the data says when he's on the court the Green are better defensively.

Guys are going to get beat from time to time. Sometimes you have to look beyond the single defensive lapse to see the broader impact. A good example is the near comeback versus Brown. Look who was on the floor when we got stops and clawed our way back into the game. Once you pulled those guys the deficit ballooned again. The problem is the lack of offensive direction when Evan isn't the focal point.

You can also go back to the UNH game where they played a host of freshman, I highlighted that in an earlier thread "McLaughlin 3:14". One of the key takeaways was that when those kids were on the floor with only Fleming URI didn't go on the run I would have thought they would with that much inexperience on the court. The total opposite was true, they held their own.
"...no excuses - only results!”

Edited by GoBigGreenBasketball on 02-26-17 07:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.162 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:15 AM