Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: tie breaker rules
Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
02-27-17 12:58 PM - Post#223862    
    In response to penn nation

Well, the stupid and annoying tourney has definitely aroused fan interest. I'll concede it that, although I never questioned that aspect. I wonder if dropping $10 bills from an airplane over the South Bronx would arouse the neighborhood?

OK, ignore what I just said in jest. Since the tourney was what the players, coaches and ADs wanted, we have it and it certainly has sparked tha also-rans in the later stage of the season.

But, since there is little immediate prospect for a second bid, can we tweak the tourney rules next year to give more recognition to the 14 game winner while still leaving the door open for a strong contender to take away the bid? I'm afraid that harvard now looks to be the regular season favorite for next season. But, I don't think it's right that any champion (not even Penn ) or harvard) face the additional barriers that Princeton may have to this year without so much as a bye or home court advantage in the tourney.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.23 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:46 PM