Username Post: Mitch Henderson future
Tiger81 
Masters Student
Tiger81
Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
02-28-17 06:40 AM - Post#223975    
    In response to Tiger69

I certainly would not begrudge Coach Henderson if he opted to make more money or move up the college basketball food chain from Princeton. But I would hate to see him go because he would be very hard to replace. Coaching in the Ivies and at Princeton in particular requires an unusual balance of skills and Coach H has them. Recruiting and developing players who want to play Princeton's selfless-interchangeable- parts style in an increasingly deep and competitive league is an enormous challenge. This year's performance in the wake of the Caruso/Brase losses, the departure of Coach Earl and a significant change in style of play from last year has been a masterful display of coaching and leadership by Coach H. All we have to do is look at the Joe Scott debacle or the recent ebb of Penn's program to see how fragile the formula for success can be. But for the moment I want to savor what has become a very special team that still has several big games to play in the next two weeks.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.226 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:09 PM