Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Boudreaux Player Of The Week
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
02-28-17 04:57 PM - Post#224040    
    In response to SomeGuy

• SomeGuy Said:
While I've been very critical of the decision to fire Cormier and hire McLaughlin, I think you need to give the new coach a chance to bring in his own recruits. I don't entirely understand what he is trying to do differently scheme wise from the prior staff, but obviously he views how some guys (Cameron Smith and Johnson in particular) fit very differently. So he clearly has his stuff that he wants to run, and some of the guys don't fit. With the freshmen, these are still basically Cormier's recruits. So how they got used may turn out to be different from how guys McLaughlin has recruited all along end up getting used. Also, Boudreaux sucks up possessions. When he graduates, there will clearly be a moment to sell guys on the idea of coming in to be the focal point, and you will have precedent that Dartmouth will make a star kid the focal point in a way that no other school will.

I think you might be right. I see it all across college basketball. Hire a new coach fire all the old staff build a program in your image. Unfortunately, the players from the old coach's recruitment are just caught in the middle i.e. Cameron Smith. Some of the freshman have done ok under McLaughlin but other I bet have been sorely disappointed in the outcome. My biggest fear was that Evan would leave. But that doesn't seem to be the case, but you never know. This season hasn't met anyone's expectations I'm sure. Hopefully next season will be better. I just hope given your theory we don't lose guys.
"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.448 seconds.   Total Queries: 15   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:55 PM