Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Boudreaux Player Of The Week
SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

Reg: 11-30-16
03-02-17 11:38 AM - Post#224273    
    In response to PennFan10

Little late to chime in here- but Boudreaux should certainly make 1st team, and while i think he is a POY candidate I dont think he will get it being a sophomore on a bad team.

Offensively he is a stud and I would challenge the idea that anyone on princeton could come into Dartmouth and put up similar numbers. We barely get the ball up the court. If he gives the ball up, like you suggest SomeGuy, we will lose by 20+ points. His PER is at 19.83, 7th in the league and well above what would be considered average at 15. As a total rating, it would suggest that even though he has high usage he has been playing pretty damn well. For the record, Stephens (18.72 (14th), and Weisz (22nd, 16.85) are trailing by a solid amount. TLDR; His efficiency numbers arent such that we would lose every game. In fact, if everyone on Dartmouth posted a 19.83 PER we would win the league, probably by a solid margin.

On to defense, I'd make the arguement that Boudreaux is a capable and solid defender in the post and a mediocre defender on the wing. He is averaging more steals per game than your defensive "stud" Stephens (.8 vs .7) while also not getting himself into foul trouble. Boudreaux routinely takes on the other teams 5 and has become a solid inside defender. He will never contribute blocks, and his footspeed might be a little slow to fully defend a drive from the wing, but to say that he doesnt contribute defensively to Dartmouth is absurd. He might be the most solid/consistent defender on the team. (I'll qualify that by also noting that we are arguably the worst defensive team in the league)

On to this weekend and the rare chance to say I'm keeping my hope alive.

Edited by SomeDartmouthStudent on 03-02-17 11:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.403 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:23 AM