Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: tie breaker rules
Murph 
Masters Student

Reg: 09-13-11
03-03-17 01:55 AM - Post#224394    
    In response to Chet Forte

• Chet Forte Said:
The tournament has given meaning to the end of the season for teams which would otherwise have been mathematically eliminated from playing for anything other than pride. I am glad that I was at the Penn Columbia game. It was one of the most intense, hard fought and basically evenly matched Ivy games that I have seen in years. Every possession was a war. Both teams played their hearts out. Maybe I wouldn't have been writing this if we had lost, to be sure, but it was really just a fantastic game to watch.

I unfortunately was at the Princeton game last weekend, which as a real dud, and not the Penn game. I did watch the Penn game on the digital network.

But I agree that this Ivy League tournament is a great development and long over-due. Instead of being 7 games behind Princeton, and already looking toward next season, Columbia played in front of two sold-out crowds last weekend. And this weekend promises more must watch basketball for Lions fans.

And I'm sure Penn, Yale and Harvard fans feel the same way.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.248 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:19 AM