Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Petrasek
randal7 
Freshman

Reg: 12-31-13
03-08-17 02:45 PM - Post#225619    

It's odd to me that there has been no thread marking the end of Luke Petrasek's career at Columbia.

In the UPENN game, Luke surpassed the 1,000 point mark in his career. He was a highly cerebral player with a great all-around game (defense, passing, scoring -- AND in that order!).

Luke played increasingly conservatively as his career progressed, acclimating to the Ivy pace and tenor of play. As a freshman, he dunked the ball much more frequently and also swatted more shots. As he got older, he became a key cog in "the system". This year, he was the floor general when out there, consistently getting guidance from Engles while in the game.

I think the upside for Luke is extraordinarily high. At the very least, he can play competitively in Europe, and it would not shock me if he played in the NBA one day. Tall shooters like Vladimir Radmanovich, Raef Lafrentz, and Keith Van Horn all had nice careers (not to mention Toni Kukoc, Dirk Nowitzki, and some of the elite big men with a shot).

I think we should celebrate Luke's career -- he was really a core part of some lovely basketball and great teams. His games against St Johns, Yale (at home in 2017) K-state, UC-Irvine and Manhattan (2015-2016) all stand out as high-impact performances.

Thanks Luke for the dedication and great play
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.142 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:49 AM