Username Post: Current Status: All-Ivy, ROY, POY
Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
03-09-17 01:20 AM - Post#225826    
    In response to Tiger69

Interesting conversation and not surprised Dartmouth fans and others are annoyed with the results, though honestly I saw this coming from a mile away. Personally I think EB on second team makes sense. Great player, but buttom line is that his numbers dropped across the board (shooting, 3pt shooting, FTS, and team wins). Of course there are some factors not fully in his control for why, but if a guy puts up worse numbers and the team is worse, it's not unreasonable that he'd stay at same level awards as last year.

Certainly don't think I know more than the coaches, but frankly what surprised me was Aiken on first team. Don't see that (expect it plenty moving forward but don't think he earned it this year). Second team for sure, but for me the other 5 first teamers make complete sense.

Hell, even if you look at stats, Kenpom doesn't have Aiken first team either:

Rank Player
1 Steven Cook, Princeton (Sr)
2 AJ Brodeur, Penn (Fr)
3 Spencer Weisz, Princeton (Sr)
4 Devin Cannady, Princeton (So)
5 Myles Stephens, Princeton (So)

I expected he would get ROY - though personally I was leaning towards Oni, this is a totally fair result.

End of the day though, none of this means crap. As a Penn fan, I don't care where AJ is as long as we get better next year (and hey a few upsets this year works too)!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.263 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:25 PM