Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Princeton Game #2
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
03-12-17 02:19 PM - Post#226541    
    In response to Joe.Yemly

If Dartmouth wants to get Boudreaux 1st team honors in the next two years they'll have to get to the top of the league. You're just not going to get that recognition languishing at the bottom of the league.

We're not going to win if we only have one strategy, get the ball to Boudreaux. We have to spread the ball around, make other guys threats, which will free up Boudreaux and make his job easier. I'm sure he'd take wins over individual stats.

Watching the Ivy League tourney only highlights in my mind that our league is really really good. It's no longer a league where one good player can dominate the rest of the league. I think coaches and teams at the top of the league are as good as any NCAA tourney team on any given day. A'la Yale v Baylor last year.

Hopefully with a year under their belt the second year for our coaching staff will show improvement. Whatever preconceived notions they had coming in were replaced with realities of a changing league. I think the teams at the bottom of the league are behind, but aware that the league is changing. They need to adjust quickly to where this league is going or the chasm between the top and the bottom will only grow.

The teams that will have continued success are the ones that can continually adapt. The caliber of players has changed in the league. They are more talented, athletic, and seasoned. Coaches who can leverage players skills will flourish, coaches who try to systematize talent will languish. In coach K's post game interview after winning the ACC tourney, he said after 3 games his guys were tired and he just ran a motion offense and told his guys to just play. A good coach can trust his players to make plays. I saw this same coaching during the Ivy tourney. Hopefully the new first time head coaches in the league recognize this trait.
"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.233 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:22 AM