Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Thoughts from a curmudgeon
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
03-12-17 10:23 PM - Post#226668    
    In response to SomeGuy

• SomeGuy Said:
I really don't see the humiliation for the league in an upset. Part of the reason that you do the tournament is that people tend to like seeing that sort of scenario. Yes, objective people would feel bad for Princeton if it happened, but that's part of the theater of a tournament. To me, it's actually why you do it.

Anyway, as I said in the other thread, I thought the tournament was great, and I suspect it will be here to stay (in some form -- maybe the Palestra doesn't always host, though I think it should). I think Princeton is a stronger team and league rep as a result of the experience. I think Penn got some darn good experience for a young team, too.

The only people who don't like/want the tournament are people like Stu, and there are a lot of them.

It is good long term for the league. It will result in a stronger league with more high profile recruits and eventually 2 bids for the worthy teams.

A lot was accomplished this year to head that direction. I thought it was a huge success and will continue to get better.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.199 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:13 AM