Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Thoughts from a curmudgeon
caughtinasnare 
Senior

Reg: 02-21-09
03-12-17 10:52 PM - Post#226675    
    In response to PennFan10

Frankly, I can see hating the tournament, as I did at first blush as well, but the fact of the matter is that Penn would have probably finished dead last if they couldn't have rallied around the prospect of still being able to make it (sure, we'll never know, but from Coach Donahue's comments I believe this would have been a likely possibility). Therefore, as a result, the sheer existence of the tournament may have helped the returning Penn players, the freshmen in particular, improve far more so this season than they otherwise would have without the tournament. That places those players in better position to improve and make some noise next season, and for that, I am grateful. I got to go to three games this year (all in the last 8 games of the regular season), and they were a fun team to watch, which I have not seen in quite a while, and if the tournament was the reason that was the case, I won't celebrate a fourth place finish, but I will celebrate the improvement and growth they gathered for having had the opportunity.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:27 PM