Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Men vs. Princeton
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
03-14-17 02:12 PM - Post#226975    
    In response to T.P.F.K.A.D.W.

I subscribe to S. Danley's beliefs on Silpe. I think that in the right system and team, he is a college player.

Our team struggled to put two complementary guards on the floor together for most of the season and even struggled to put two solid Ivy guards period.

At the end, Goodman and Betley wound up to be a complementary pair. Goodman can guard the better penetrator, can penetrate himself, and moves the ball. Betley can shoot and be disruptive on defense with his length.

Silpe has some great PG tools, but I'd imagine he would be complemented by someone who can nail the open shot but also can finish Silpe's passes slashing at the hoop. We don't really have that. I have some hopes for Hamilton, though I may be in the minority.

Silpe and Betley would be a better combo than any other combo Silpe would have played with early in the season. Is it any wonder that Silpe struggled with any combo pair with Donahue/Foreman/Wood? That is the type of PT he got.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.922 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:22 PM