Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Recruits' Post Season
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
03-14-17 02:46 PM - Post#226987    
    In response to Chet Forte

To be fair, that's what is high school coach said (grain of salt), and he didn't say that Big Ten Coaches were frustrated, he said that those who had extended him offers were frustrated he wasn't taking the full ride and going Ivy. Given that he said Big Ten offers were maybe coming down the road, it wasn't those schools that were frustrated.

I want to be clear about what I'm saying, though. This isn't the old Ivy League where saying a recruit wasn't the best incoming freshmen meant that he wasn't likely to be an impact player early on. We went nine deep with freshmen that had 2 or more win shares, including Mike Smith at No. 9. Faulds would likely be in a group of that size if I were ranking the freshmen. You don't have to be top two in the incoming class to be projected to make a very big impact in year one.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.244 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:58 AM