Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Tigers get #12 seed, to play Notre Dame
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
03-14-17 07:04 PM - Post#227027    
    In response to SRP

I agree with you that Miller should get some minutes although ND does not have the size of some of the other NCAA teams. He may get some additional minutes if, big if, they get by ND.

There are a couple things about Miller -- some more important than others. Most importantly, I believe that he allows the least amount of points per minute playing head to head than any other IL Center. Very few centers score on him due to his positioning, wing span and misunderstood strength. He is very good at jumping out and disrupting the opposition's guards due to his wing span and aggressiveness. He is not as good on giving help defense at the rim. Less importantly, he is deadly on jump balls which helped in the Penn OT game -- over the past 2 years, he has probably won 90% of the opening taps -- IL and non-conference combined.

His obvious weakness is that he has little to no instincts on offense and he is way to passive when he gets the ball near the basket. Hopefully, he gets a chance to showcase his defensive skills in the tournament.

I remember B. Connolly against Kentucky and he played very good defense against their bigs.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.28 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:27 AM