Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Recruits' Post Season
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
03-15-17 07:55 PM - Post#227169    
    In response to Chet Forte

I think you may be misunderstanding where Mike is getting information on this stuff (and how ESPN is ranking recruits as well). My guess is that he probably has better access to what the Columbia coaches think about the incoming recruits than you do. So while you are correct that a lot of us only get info from one biased source, I don't think that is what you get from mrjames.

The services get better all the time, but they are prone to all of the problems you can imagine of trying to somehow rank or categorize over a thousand players every year.

And regardless of whether the services are right, the other question is always opportunity. That's why Oni was predictable -- if he was ready, once Mason went down there was no question he would start. That's why I think the Princeton guys are the favorites for next year. Seems like one of Much and Desrosiers could come in and start right away if they are ready, and they could do it on a strong balanced team where they wouldn't have to do it all. Could be that Faulds will ultimately be the best player. Could be that he will be ROY. But it looks to me like his chances as a freshman will be a little lower, as my guess is that Tape and Meisner start.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.204 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:52 AM