Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
Reg: 11-23-04
03-16-17 10:08 AM - Post#227204    
    In response to PennFan10

• PennFan10 Said:

Max is not far off AJ.

Come on. Really? Max is an adequate Ivy forward, and also clearly plays an important leadership role on the team. He's obviously a great kid, and I feel fortunate he's on our team. But to say he's near the caliber of player Brodeur is from the standpoint of skills, athleticism or basketball IQ is just ridiculous.

• PennFan10 Said:

Donahue does not want to play 2 bigs. That's a fact.

I think you're struggling a bit with the meaning of the word 'fact.' It would probably be accurate to say that Steve Donahue has generally only played one 4-5 player during his coaching career. But that tells us nothing about his desires or intentions. The 'fact' is, Donahue has never had two bigs of the caliber of Brodeur and Simmons (assuming the recruiting ratings are accurate) at the same time while coaching in the Ivies (I have no idea what he had while at BC-- I wasn't paying attention). So we really have no idea what the coach is going to do should Simmons prove to be as good a player as we're all hoping he'll be.

One other thing: I doubt Simmons would have chosen Penn if it was a 'fact' that Donahue only wants to play one big.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:37 AM