Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Men vs. Princeton
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
03-17-17 03:28 PM - Post#227493    
    In response to palestra38

I think the conditions for AJ and Max (or Simmons) on the floor together are:

1) They move and cut in ways that give each other space on offense when needed.

2) They pass (or dribble) the ball sufficiently well that having two bigs doesn't slow down the overall ball movement.

3) They shoot well enough that the holes created (often mid-range) by mismatches of 2 big men can be exploited.

4) They defend sufficiently when opponents go small.

When I look at these, I think Simmons gives a better hope of us starting 2 big men. Particularly with #4.

I was impressed with Max this year. It appeared that AJ has had a positive impact in that Max was far more active in positioning and movement this year. They can play together if the team's strategies help with #1, but I'm not sure I see them pairing really well in terms of #2-4.

Also, don't forget about Eddie Scott. He is a hybrid solution. He seems pretty well suited to be our 3/4. He's quick, strong and has length. Even though Simmons has big upside, Scott may be a turnkey roster fit. He might fit #1, 2, and 4. He'll be a perfect fit if he addresses #3 as a shooter. I also have some hope for Hamilton in this role.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.438 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:15 AM