Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Recruiting and Ratings
Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
Reg: 11-23-04
03-20-17 10:44 AM - Post#227777    
    In response to SomeGuy

I think a significant proportion of college success for athletes (I'll bet it's at least 50%) is driven by system fit. And we're talking about fit on both ends of the transaction. More than a few high school athletes play for coaches who really don't know how to use them to their maximum potential (which suppresses their recruiting ratings), and smart athletes choose a college program into which they fit well. I'll bet both of those things apply to Spencer Weisz. Weisz probably deserves a good amount of credit for being intelligent enough to see that Princeton's system was a good fit for him. It's distinctly possible that, had he chosen to go someplace else, he might never have been heard from again.

BTW, I have a suspicion that the same applies to Ryan Betley. While he's clearly a good athlete and basketball player who was probably underrated by the recruiting services, it also looks to me like he's exactly the kind of player Steve Donahue is looking for from the standpoint of both skills and temperament.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.243 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:18 PM