Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: The state of Brown hoops
jst4245 
Freshman

Reg: 05-23-12
03-21-17 10:13 AM - Post#227849    
    In response to Bearswin

Bearswin - tell us how you really feel. I would be interested to know who quit so if you have that intel please pass it along. Although I can make some educated guesses.

Kids quit all the time in this league. Most of the time it is kids who were not good enough to play D1 hoops, other times there are injuries etc. Having played at Brown and followed the program closely over the years I have rarely been shocked at a player quitting the team. The one (recent) exception was Kennen Jeppensen (sp?) - he was an All-League type of talent - or maybe he was even All-League I can't remember.

Where Martin has fallen short (and I believe I have highlighted this before) is in his recruiting. We have several guys on this roster who are NOT Division 1 players. And I am sure that most of the time they have mommy and/or daddy on the phone every night telling them how good they are, and how they deserve to play more, and how the coach shouldn't be mean to them because they miss shots or continue to act like a statue on defense. So a lot of time, those players and or parents pin the blame of the kids athletic shortcomings on the coach, and say he is a meanie or "arrogant jag*off".

I mean not for nothing when you have no scholarship hanging over your head and the waters get a little rough out there (losing season) this is a good test to let the staff know how bad you really want it. If I am a coach and this is my livelihood, I want the guys off the roster who don't really want it, who don't feel the same pressure as me.

So if 4 kids quit, good. Nothing wrong with it - go enjoy Thayer street, we just now know you aint built for it and we don't have to continue to hold a roster spot.

So parents beware - your son is going to play D1 basketball. He is going to held accountable.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.199 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:35 AM