Username Post: Way too early 2017-18 Continuity Model Rankings
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
03-22-17 07:53 AM - Post#227876    
    In response to Bryan

You're thinking about it correctly.

Some of it is the players coming in - in the absence of a proper freshman weighting system, I do not penalize fully in continuity minutes that I believe have a logical replacement, either internally or from freshmen. So, for instance, the loss of Cook and Weisz are huge, but with Desrosiers, Schweiger and Much coming in, plus the possibility of Bell to take on more minutes, I don't penalize Princeton for all of the continuity loss there.

Also working in Princeton's favor is that continuity seems to have less effect on defense than offense (at least in the absence of wholesale lineup changes). Given that the Tigers were better defensively than offensively last year, the loss of players won't hit them as hard as if they were an offensive juggernaut with okay defense.

These numbers are just for fun for now. Once I get good intel on how the holes are being plugged, I can get to a better continuity model that will probably be more accurate. Since Ken and Bart Torvik have been teasing theirs, I figured I'd provide mine as well!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.818 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:02 PM