Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale
Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
03-22-17 08:37 PM - Post#227939    
    In response to SRP

The ILDN ads are about as much institutional "branding" as I can take! Reasonably informative and tasteful, but really repetitive. But, does the Ivy League really need to market itself to a bunch of bracketologists who sound barely bright enough to pack groceries? Ivy sports, I naively believed, were supposed to be for students, not marketing opportunities for the universities. I'm all for tournaments and such if that is what the players (students who play athletics) want. But, cut the snake oil, huckstering and branding talk. Who are these games supposed to be for, anyway? I hope not for the benefit of the ESPNs or John Feinsteins (he's from Dook, no?). They are welcome to watch and write about our sports. But, if they try to set the agenda for us, we need to get them straight on priorities. Otherwise, they can bug off.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.268 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:47 AM