Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Georgetown
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
03-24-17 01:41 PM - Post#228075    
    In response to Go Green

I tend to agree with Tiger69. He has clearly done a great job at Harvard by being the first mover in taking advantage of a rising tide of IL (and especially) financial aid. He showed creativity in dealing with the IL obstacles to recruiting. I don't say that to diminish him - he did these things spectacularly for a great result.

I'm a bit skeptical about whether he is the right guy to turn around Georgetown, though. Georgetown has a unique set of circumstances. It has advantages of history, the recruiting pull of JT Sr., a pretty good budget, a great home market, and a record of successful pros. It has disadvantages of JT Sr. overshadowing the program, academic requirements, a conference that has been diminished, sub-optimal facilities, and declining brand for young players and HS coaches.

I think Georgetown needs to get lucky on their coaching hire, and have a coach who fires on every cylinder of high major recruiting, game tactics, and coaching. I think their best shot is to find a diamond in the assistant coaching world rather than go with Amaker or Ewing.

I'm a Georgetown fan, BTW.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.174 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:43 PM