Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn again
Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
03-27-17 02:14 PM - Post#228207    
    In response to Go Green

I suggest the you consider some other more rewarding ways to spend your time.

Which reminds me, your comment earlier about the failure of us non-Penn or non-D fans to be more critical of our players and coaches. I confess that any criticism from me (and some others?) would only betray a complete lack of playing or coaching experience. Not to say there aren't a few very knowledgeable and experienced posters out there (e.g. Steve Danley on Penn boards) whose comments are insightful and interesting to read. But, their criticisms are analytic and professional and not personal.

There are, sadly, a few critics at the far end of the spectrum whose remarks aimed at players and coaches are visceral and accusatory. Those posts tell us more about the writer than the subject. I choose to credit Ivy athletes for their devotion and sacrifice. I suspect that the only critics they (players and coaches) respond to are themselves, their teammates and their peers. We fans are just noise. They owe us nothing.

But, it's a free country. Angry fans, post on! Your fellow angry fans are the only ones listening.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.249 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:01 PM