Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: The state of Brown hoops
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
04-04-17 05:16 PM - Post#228527    
    In response to SomeGuy

In the past year, Brown Athletics has constructed an indoor golf facility, renovated the baseball and softball complex to the tune of $5 million, started construction of the Berylson Football Complex, which will cost $12 million when all is said and done, and endowed the Men's Basketball coach position and renovated the locker rooms for $1.2 million. I'm probably missing some things, and I have no knowledge of how long it took to collect the funds for those projects, but it seems as if Hayes and the athletics department have been successful in getting donors to open their wallets, part of larger trend that has characterized Paxton's presidency. Hopefully updates to the hockey and basketball facilities are in the works.

On the court, this incoming class, even minus Newman, has the potential to contribute right away, I think/hope. Choh was First Team NEPSAC Class B and MVP of the Class B title game. According to Bill Koch of the ProJo, he may be the second most athletic player on the roster next year, after Okolie. Cambridge was First Team All-Prep and Prep Player of the Year in New Jersey, in addition to being voted the state's best dunker. Mawanda-Kalema was First Team All-State in the Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association and DeWolf was HM in NEPSAC Class A. Doesn't necessarily offset the senior losses or the lack of a real senior presence next year, but I'm hopeful that they might inject some life into the program.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.419 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:55 AM