Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Jerome
pennsive 
Junior

Reg: 11-21-04
04-05-17 06:00 PM - Post#228562    

Read the Penn Hall of Fame story about Jerome Allen in today's Pennathletics.com. It offers interesting insights to his love and continuing loyalty to Penn. Unlike almost everyone else on this board, I do not blame Bilsky for hiring him, nor do I think that Bilsky put Jerome in a situation that was untenable. It didn't work, but judging by the comments of the players he recruited (Matt Howard and DNH,to name two, they were attracted to Penn largely because of him. While hiring rookie coaches often do not work out, some do, and for Bilsky to have taken the risk on Jerome, is no knock on either of them. rather, it is affirming of how much appreciation and faith in Jeorme that Bilsky and many others had in Jerome, that if anyone could turn Miller's sorry mess around, it was he, and JKerome came close in Rosen's senior year to doing that. Spilt milk, I know. I am no Bilsky apologist; I am a huge fan of Jerome's, however, and always will be.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:58 PM