Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Jerome
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
04-06-17 11:54 AM - Post#228585    
    In response to Silver Maple

Agree 100%. It was simply a move to avoid admitting he made a mistake with Miller (and I don't think the hiring of Miller was a mistake---it just didn't work out) and taking the heat off of himself. It was the move of a guy who had grown too comfortable in a job he was mailing in and wanted for a few more years until he would arrange his own glorious retirement. Not only was the mistake, however, the hiring of Jerome, but the failure to ensure he had experienced floor coaching help. Of course, the two guys passed over would leave and leave Jerome exposed. So what did Bilsky do then? He signed Jerome to a secret contract extension, announced his retirement for a year later and made it impossible for his successor to do anything about Jerome even after it became apparent he was not up to the job.

My greatest disappointment, however, was learning how Jerome treated the student press, especially after they did their job and reported the Bagtas interview as a recruit. I won't say more, although I could, but I found this to be very contrary to his public image.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.494 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:08 PM